Mr Vertigo and his tricky ways...

i must tell you dearest readers,
i am indeed feeling so much more dandier then a few days ago.


and if i blamed my apron neck loop then i fear, i misplaced the blame.
for despite it appearing to be the most obvious culprit in my unfortunate event,
and on close inspection it did play a part in my fall,
it is the doorstep of Mr Vertigo where i shall place the majority of the blame.

for Mr Vertigo appeared a little while ago,
i had hoped to not have the pleasure of his company again.
when he first appeared late one night
i said "drat and darn you Mr Vertigo"
i decided to ignore his dizzying ways and continued at my usual pace,
and i was indeed a fool.
for he is a clever blighter, taking full advantage of my fogginess
and dare i say it, forgetful moments of his arrival within the shed.


and so it came to be on sunday morning
dressed in my eclectic finest and
minutes away from leaving to meet my friend of the utmost kind,
Mr Vertigo seized his moment and pounced.
i strode purposefully in peachy clogs, from the kitchen toward the telly,
hearing the world cup crowd going wild,
in my right hand a plate of chocolate spread,
in my left, a glass of orange juice.
trailing from a hook my apron, quite innocently, of that i am sure.

out of nowhere Mr Vertigo pounced, as quick as a flash,
lassoing my leg with the apron loop
me and my unbalanced ways did not stand a chance.
a few seconds later
my plate and glass left unbroken still within my hands...
my chocolate spread on toast flung far away,
(little olive taking full advantage)
juice dripping down my head
and me, doing a fabby 'life alert' pose

since that moment i have discovered that hardwood flooring is not the softest of landings
and
after a short spell in the land of nurses and doctors, i returned to the shed,
bruised but not broken...
i am delighted to report my right arm is doing a peachy job at getting back up to speed,
thus me tippity tapping today and also dallying with Mr Hook whilst resting on the couch.


my leg is trailing behind a tad,
but nothing a few more days of pottering in slow motion won't fix.

i am now wiser to Mr Vertigo and his tricky ways
i have told him to 'bugger off' several times since my unfortunate event,
so far he appears to not be listening.
but this is okay, for i will not let him bring me down again,
no sirree, i will keep him in my sights
until i see him pack his bags and leave for warmer climates.
and i must tell you, i am hoping it is sooner rather than later

she is thanking you most kindly for caring ~ Tif