confessions of a stoolaholic...


i can no longer be in denial,
it is a fact
and
a truth, i must confess to.
"my name is Tif and i am a stoolaholic"


until friday i had no idea of my addictive ways and then as i stepped back to admire my newly 'dottie angeled' friend i looked around me and noted an abundance of friends for my friend.
i wandered into the kitchen and noted several more friends, rounding the corner to my studio, seeing yet more.
i gasped,
i clutched my chest
and
i saw what i had become
i raced upstairs as fast as my little red clogs would allow, clearing the little olive 'wall of defence' at the foot of the stairs in one single bound.
(yes even at 41 and a little bit, i've still got it in me when need be)
my bedroom revealed two friends
our bonus room, two more...

i started to feel lightheaded, trying to recall when this 'condition' of mine had begun.
my man's face flashed before me with those looks upon my arrival back at the shed, stool in hand. now i could see what he had been hinting at and yes, it would appear he had every right to ask with eyes raised to the heavens "really Tif, do we need another stool?"

i have always defended my actions, finding excuses, mumbling protective words to save my thrifty find from harmful verbal attack.
but dearest readers, there is no doubting what i have become, after friday's revelation, it is most clear indeed, i have become the Imelda Marcos of the stool world.
i stand here before you
(on a stool of course)
and with deep breaths,
reveal,
i am the owner of 16 stools,
it would appear i like them all

i fear my addiction upon confession has not abated,
for this very morning i have been rustling around in the garage to find a forgotten friend,
to bring her into the shed
to make her feel loved like all the others
and
to make the number up to 17


dearest readers, before you are quick to judge, perhaps 'tut tut' at my stoolaholic ways, do you think i confessed my addictive ways purely for your entertainment this monday morning?
of course i did not, i have my reasons, i have my cunning plan and tomorrow all will be revealed...

("oh Tif, what a simply thrilling, nail biting, gripping 'leave em hanging' ending!" i hear you gasp
"why thank you, i do try" i reply)

until then, she is spending time wisely, playing hide and seek with more friends in the yard ~ Tif