Spring








It's here. It's been spring in my heart for a while, but at last nature has agreed and so, here we are. The weather on the weekend was perfect - warm, sunny, beautiful. I threw open the doors and windows and spent as much time outside as I could. I weeded the potager, which took most of the time, spread some compost and prepped a couple of beds. One will be for potatoes and one for brassicas. I weeded the leeks - you'd realise what an achievement this is if I showed you a before picture, but I was too frightened to take one. I tried not to look around the edges of everything and think about how much more there is to do - I would rather be in the moment enjoying the sun on my skin and the fragrance in the air and the birdsong - but there is more, always much more.

Later I baked brownies and made a layered crepe cake. Fresh flowers and herbs to decorate the top. The first blossoms on the almond tree and sweet kittywhiskers. It feels like things can only get better.