in the blink of an eye...



well i had to go and do it,
i had to count the days left of being with Our #1,
and now of course i wish i had not.
for the number of days is way, way too little for me to grasp.
the thought of Our #1 leaving the nest has played heavy upon my heart and my mind over the past few months.
some days it takes me by surprise,
out of nowhere comes a little voice, reminding me less i forget the time is drawing close...
and with it,
i feel like the very breath within my soul has been taken.


so with that being said i need to take a little time,
we will not necessarily be doing anything in particular,
just hanging around the shed together.
perhaps a bit of thrifting for old times sake...
lordy how i will miss my thrifting buddy.

she will be busy packing up her belongings
i will be busy trying to finish up her blanket per her request
and all the other 'lappity lap' blankets that keep asking to be made...


i am thinking over the next seven days i will spend my thoughts wisely,
telling myself how really, despite it feeling like the end,
it is truly just the beginning of a new chapter for her and for me

she will be back with a 'skip in her step' soon ~ Tif