eight months and counting...

oh you don't miss a trick do you my lovely dearest readers!
in the words of my beautiful late grandmother
"there are no flies on you"
for indeed i am most reassured, if ever i need to remember something,
all i have to do is ask upon my shiny place
and you will remember for me.
i have no clue as to what i rambled on about last week,
and yet
you seem to have your recall skills in 'tippity top' condition.
i think i am most lucky indeed to have you as my readers of the utmost kind...


and so it would appear,
i have past the eight month marker for my handcrafted secondhand year.
in the time that has past i could nearly have added to my clan
but instead of a babe in arms
i have a 'ton of thrifty finds' to love,
who do not demand anything of me
other than a place to rest their weary discarded souls.
despite my love for little babies,
i'm a tres weary some days in the mothering department.
i'm saving myself for some 'granny loving'
until then
i'm fine and dandy
with my collection of forsaken souls

i am giving out several gold sticky stars for observing my latest used clippity clogs.
they are indeed new to me.
they came used from the aisles of Ebay,
in the description it said they had a few scruffs.
upon arrival at the shed,
after a well fought battle with another who wished to make them hers.

(or possibly his, but i'm thinking he would have to have small feet, so i'm going with hers)

i had to get out my magnifying glass to find the scruffs...
i found two.
they were in tippity top condition,
just like your recall skills.
when i wear my 'i can't quite believe you are truly mine' clogs
with the pretty painted flowers,
i am transported to another world
a world of folksy things,
dala horses
and other such lovelies.
indeed i have them upon my feet at this very moment
my only regret is no longer having braids to match them...


so my dearest readers,
i must just say to you
not a single day goes by that i am not humbled by the kindness
you bring to my inbox
and
the comments you leave on my shiny place.
you continuously take time out of your busy days
to say hello,
thank me for inspiring you and lifting your days.
but what you will never perhaps fully understand is,
i should be thanking you.
for giving me the confidence
to continue down the path of 'crafty vintage rambling' goodness upon this blog.
the mere fact you appear to read my ramblings is quite extraordinary to moi.
especially as i appear to have taken on a poetry like writing style...
i have no idea how it happened,
perhaps it has always been there
but to me,
i often look at my post
thinking it looks like a poem
and indeed quite often reading like 'a nonsense one' at that

to say my 'thank yous' properly with perfect manners
something i'm thinking 'mrs dull' would approve of.
and to let you know just how much 'i like you' lots...
oh, alright then,
'i love you' lots.
i will be having a 'give away' on monday
"oh yippee!" i hear you cry

until then, she is wishing you the peachiest of peachy weekends ~ Tif aka still mrs dull (according to the creatures in the shed)