a cluster of 'sprightly spring' scraps...

oh yes! isn't that just the peachiest of peachy titles.
i do believe i have managed to say it two times in a row before tripping up...
but dearest readers,
i had no choice,
for 'sprightly spring' scraps is exactly what i have to show for my day yesterday.
of course i could also show you the 'crappity crap' stuff i did as well,
but i do not wish to,
no, i wish only to show you 'sprightly' sweeties today.


my perfectly pixerly moment of last week has me in love with little squares and rectangles,
and found me wanting more reasons to fill our mossy shed with their 'pick me up' ways.
so yesterday, with the help of Miss Ethel and my towering pile of 'scraps' and some vintage wallpaper,
and not to mention a pressing need to cover up an 'ugliness' within our dinning area,
i was inspired to create my 'sprightly spring' scraps from folded over bits of leftovers.

they are tres easy peasy to do,
and they do a tres easy peasy job
at brightening up any area you may care to hang them.
i needed to distract from the light cord issue in our ceiling,
due to a shuffling of table and chairs in our eating area i am left with a wonderful lamp that alas does not reach.


my man put a hook in the ceiling, pulled the cord over, still too short
and said "voila!"
i sighed, whilst pointing.
he looked where i was pointing.
he sighed at my pointing
and knew depsite saying
"it doesn't look that bad to me"
that his world would be easier
if the little bit of 'ugliness' Tif was pointing to
was put to the top of his never ending 'to do' list
and then Tif becomes happy
the light becomes happy,
and he knows, and we know,
that means
the shed becomes happy too.

but of course this little bit of ugly needs some serious rewiring etc etc so i know it will not happen miraculously overnight so i had no choice but to not stand there pointing any longer
and instead, hatch a cunning plan to disguise the offending visual before my eyes.

since taking my photos yesterday i have added more sprightly spring scraps, due to their addictive ways.
once you make one, you wish to make another
and
then you start to dream of a whole wall covered in them,
looking peachy and perfectly sprightly.

as i am wishing to see the world full of such sprightliness i am sharing them with you today...
so you may go forth and 'sprightly up' your own lovely abodes.
once again inviting a random passerby in, to admire your cluster of sprightliness
and perhaps pass on how you did it,
so the random passerby may go forth and pass the sprightliness on to their nest
and so forth...
and that is it dearest readers,
quite simple and quite sprightly i do believe.


each of my little lengths are between 25" and 30" long
(for those that do not speak the same language as me, that would be 63cm to 76cm)


i have little happy scraps of lace at the bottom of them


i'm thinking my pictures here give you a tres good idea of how sprightly they could look in a cluster of many
which i have now achieved this morning...


i am leaving you for a few days as my clan is on spring break shortly and i feel it most necessary to spend some time with them and my sprightly spring scraps.

she is hoping between now and when she sees you on monday 5th april, you will have been super busy ignoring the 'dull chores' and spending your time wisely and sprightly ~ Tif