the missing groove...

i've lost my groove,
i'm trying to remember the last time i had it, i'm thinking perhaps it was on friday...
i recall returning from the thrift store, quite late with several pillowcases, a lovely little quilt and a couple of stick back chairs.
i was rather elated by my finds.
a few hours later, i discovered i'd mislaid my groove...

i'm assuming i must have left it at the thrift store.
i will have to go back, just in case it lurks amongst the shelves waiting patiently for me to retrieve it.
i'm now picturing 'my groove' feeling lonely and frightened,
having been left behind by me, of course not intentionally,
but my 'little groove' does not know that does it?
no, my 'little groove' has been all alone for three nights, enough time to dwell on being left.
at first i'm sure my 'little groove' would have had reasonable thoughts
"oh that's okay, Tif will be back in a minute for me, she's a little forgetful these days" turning to a discarded forsaken soul for reassurance
but after a while that forsaken soul will not have any reassurance to give, it will start to mutter things like
"don't bet on it deary, that's what we all thought, but time goes on and you wake up one day having lost count of the hours it's been. that's the day it dawns on you, they ain't coming back, mark my words"

oh my poor 'little groove'!
thinking i have no use for it, when i do.
for without my groove i am nothing.
i can't get a thing done, my procrastinating reaches an all time low and i wander through my days lost, bewildered and without direction...

i blame 'clogs' for my lost groove.


if i hadn't been so busy trying to 'visualize' wooden clogs at the thrift store then i wouldn't have absentmindedly put my groove down.
for i have become a 'visualizer' when thrifting, this in turn i blame on my best pal Debbie.
she informed me when staying last Fall, that if you visualize a parking space in a 'full to the brim' parking lot, quite often one appears out of nowhere...
since 'imparting knowledge' of such wisdom to moi, i spend most of my thrifting moments visualizing.
and especially when it comes to 'clogs'.

lovely little dutch wooden clogs for the walls of mossy shed
since discovering these beauties i have got 'clog' fever, and i've got it bad.
last week i found a little pair that made my heart skip a beat.
on returning to the shed, i promptly painted the sweeties 'coral'.
i like 'coral' it is indeed the color of a grandma's lipstick and it makes me feel warm and comforted.
i now appear to be a collector of clogs, i didn't know it until i added my coral lovelies to my wall and my wall stared back at me, begging for more where 'coral' came from...


and it would appear, dutch wooden clogs are not my only obsession, for i am now obsessing about a swedish pair of clogs for my feet this summer.
i am foreseeing spring and summer being most worrisome when it comes to the challenge.
for there is something about spring and the need to buy a nice new pretty pair of attire for one's feet.
i'm thinking colorful clogs would be so very appealing.
i'm thinking colorful clogs with painted flowers would make even the most mundane of domestic chores be so much more exotic.
i'm thinking this thinking of clogs maybe the undoing of me...

she is off to visualize her 'groove' amongst the shelves of despair, hopefully next to a pair of swedish clogs with her name on ~ Tif