a little research...


if i was stopped in the street by a market researcher,
asking me if i had a few minutes to answer some questions on crafting.
i would say
"why yes i do"
she would then continue
"are you a crafter, madam ?"
i would reply
"why yes i am"
and then she would ask
"what is your one true love used within your crafting endeavours?"
and i would answer with no hesitation,
no need to pause
nor
ponder my response,
for i know in my crafting heart of hearts, that i would not be able to continue down the righteous and goodly crafting path i have chosen in my life without a certain something that gets my 'cogs a turning'...
yes, i love my yarn,
yes, i love my lace
and
yes, i still continue to love my doilies,
all of which have a part to play



but what i love more than all of the above is
secondhand linens


covered in flowers


bright, sludgy, oversized, little, pretty, quirky, odd, ugly


i'll take them any way they come.


be it a pillowcase, a bed sheet, a tablecloth, a napkin, a runner or a curtain,


each and every one of them,
upon discovery,
whisper sweetly to me,
get my juices flowing,
'turn on' my crafty self
and
set me out on a love affair until i have used up every last scrap...



after which i morn our lost love.
but it's never for long,
as there is always 'another love' waiting upon the shelves of despair,
ready to take a spin with me and Miss Ethel, thus resulting in the beginnings of a new love affair.


she is keeping her energy levels up with her five pack of cadbury's chocolate flakes ~ Tif