snippets of...

"oh hurrah, it's friday and friday can only mean one thing!!
it's our favorite day of the week, when Tif brings us snippets of..."
i hear you chorus around the globe

yes indeedy my dearest readers i have been tres excited for today's snippets,
which i might add, are not just any old 'snippets of...'

"oh Tif, how simply, thrillingly, exciting to hear" you chorus yet again
"isn't it just peachy!" i respond

let me tell you, they are snippets of lovelies i have found upon return to my 'thrifting ways'.

"brilliant Tif! thrifting ways is our kind of universal language" i hear yet more choruses
"i knew it! i knew it! joined across the seas and lands by a mutual lust for thrifty goodness, that's us dearest readers!"

now we must come down from our 'hysteria' induced frenzy of excitement and continue with 'snippets of...' before i get so worked up into thrifty lust i have to leave you right here, right now and go 'a thrifting'

so as i was saying before my heart started to quicken and my 'itching to go a thrifting' ways came across me...
i have now been on several occasions treasure hunting and thus i have started to build up my allergy resistance (hallelujah) and unleashed the thrifting addict that i had subdued over the gleeful season.

i have to tell you as well, i left many a forsaken soul upon the shelves of despair knowing i would never be able to sneak them past my man...
so without 'further a do' i bring you

'snippets of thrifty goodness'

a biscuit tin any granny would be proud to own, filling it with toffees.
i am quite certain this is the type of tin a granny would fight for


three paper lanterns now hung above our kitchen KNOOK
with crocheted ties and doily tails


a lovely 'how could you not have been picked already' jug,
looking perfectly perfect with kitschy plastic flowers my mother gave me last summer


a little yellow dansk saucepan and fabby orange table mats, still with 1969 stickers on the bottom and singing 'spring time' at the top of their little voices


a Mary and Jesus 1980's plastic 'thingy me jig'.
i painted them and then a crack appeared.
this told me "thou shalt not dorb Jesus in paint".
i apologized and it's all peachy now


a few balls of yarn,
destined to be crocheted into something glorious when i have an epiphany


and last but by no means least,
a set of retro saucepans,
one of which was a little shy even after i cleaned her up,
she would not agree to be photographed.
carlos and myself respected her integrity


she is hoping you all have a peachy perfect weekend ~ Tif
footynote: a tres grande 'thanking you kindly' to all that browsed my shelves within my little store yesterday, making my shop update and donation to the Haiti relief funds such a success :)