thrifty thursdays...

i remembered what i was supposed to remember, but alas it was after i should have remembered it.
the lack of remembering, resulted in me dripping wet cursing my forgetfulness to steal shampoo from our #1 and #2, and trying to read the small print on the '2 in 1' kids shampoo located at my feet.
after much 'trying to see in focus' all i could discover was, i would smell like a watermelon.... it did not mention anything about highlighted, damaged hair and as i applied it (the fool that i am), i knew in my heart it was the 'devil's own' shampoo for women who pay to have their 'hair done' and are prone to frizzy color treated issues.

i sit before you tippity tapping, smelling like a watermelon and with hair three times the volume that is acceptable in public areas.
with rain outside, adding no doubt to the volumatic problems of my follicles, i shall stay inside the shed for fear of being 'fined'... until that is, 'musts' prevail when i am required to do the 'soccer run'.
i shall 'don' a hat of crochet, therefore allowing for the expansion of hair matter and stay within the comfort of my car, crocheting with my piddly bit of yarn left.

but for now, let us talk 'thrifty', let us talk 'handcrafted', yes dearest readers, let us talk about 'the challenge'.


it would appear by my calculations that some time has passed since the 20th September, time which i must admit has not dragged, but positively raced. i do believe it is the time of year, holiday celebrations all roll into one, that is until we get to January and then it's 'drag time' like no other.

i can declare 1 month and 8 days into my handcrafted thrifty year, things are looking pretty good. my man has commented on lack of funds leaving the shed, i pointed out perhaps the reason being my 'challenging' ways... (and then kicked myself, for that would mean i am the 'flitterer' of money and not he)
to which he quickly agreed.
i stopped listening when he started along the lines of "hallelujah Tif, why didn't you do this before..."
it's times like that, when i prefer the company of my chickens and my dogs.


but what he doesn't know, is what i know... and i'm not sure i want him to know either.
for this challenge has caused me to become an addicted thrifter like no other.
darn it, i can't get past a day before the shakes appear and the sweats set in...
my mind wanders to what thrifty delights could be waiting out there, neglected, cold, lonely, in need of a loving home.
i become unresponsive to my clan and their needs,
'my need' to nurture a thrifty waif, far out weighs my need to cook dinner...

and so it would appear this thrifty handcrafted challenge has caused me to become even more sneaky in my approach to bringing home the strays...
especially now i have a new love,
a love for color,
a love for enamel,
a love for kitchen items.
yes, i see their potential is endless
lovely bowls for holding yarn


little saucepans for props


but no where do i see their potential to enhance my cooking skills.
i have discovered i cannot have it all dearest readers,
i admire my little thrifty enamel finds for their ability to brighten up a small corner of the shed, gallantly holding my yarn balls safely
or to participate with chickens in my etsy shots.


to ask of them the miracle,
"dear god, Tif cooks an edible meal"
is enough for any little 'enameled sweetheart', beg to be left on the thrift store shelf...

she has been updating the shop and is looking forward to 'snippets of...' tomorrow ~ Tif