when all is said and done...


well, that was easy...
sunday afternoon in the city,
mid summer,
over 95 degrees heat


and what do you have at a 'meet and greet' artist afternoon?
a table full of food,
two exhibitions,
two helpers (making the space look a little busier)
and two artists waiting... and waiting some more



out of the half a dozen or so people that braved the heat to visit our basement yesterday afternoon, three were my actual family so i don't think that counts, four appeared to have 'stumbled' upon us, perhaps hoping for 'air conditioning' but finding none. and then we had two friends of Anna's and her art teacher.
a medal goes to my friend Maggi from down the road accompanied by her lovely little baby, who braved the heat, to soak up some culture in the heart of a very fried city.

i 'talked the talk' with one artist friend of Anna's who kept me on my toes, and quite helpfully allowed me to see 'inside' the workings of my 'thoughts' a little deeper, so it wasn't all in vain.



my favorite moment of the 'hot and sticky' afternoon came when our #4, having been dragged out of the shed to visit with his mother, helped himself to a big slice of cake and then promptly sat down amidst my installation and ate his 'prize' for 'showing support'.
for you see dear readers, it was 'home from home' and rather than sit on the art gallery chairs he choose to make himself comfortable, completely unaware that it was my 'installation' piece...
if only i had my camera to hand at that moment, but alas i was soooo busy standing as close to the fan as was decent that the 'moment' passed uncaptured...


but i do feel that you were all there in spirit yesterday and that is what counts, your words of support helped me no end...
i have a few pictures for your perusal today, not easy to get due to no natural daylight and an awful lot of bright, 'oh so flipping hot' artificial lighting. but i think you will get the gist of my little corner display.


it was a challenge for me to 'place' my installation in such an 'urban environment' preferring perhaps an old derelict house, empty and painted all white from top to toe... but it pushed me way out of my comfort zone and i am thinking that isn't a bad thing to do every now and then...


she is busy preparing for little olive's arrival on thursday and trying to keep 'her cool' whilst practising 'life wearing contacts' ~ Tif