outdoor living...

ever since i can remember i have loved the idea of a 'living' space outside.


now those of you that know me well would be most correct in thinking that when i say "ever since" it could mean ten years ago, last year or perhaps even last week. as my memory is not my friend these days it really is a bit of a mystery as to how long i have wished for such a space... i am quite sure i was but a 'wee babe' in a cot when i first started to think such lovely thoughts.

to have a little bit of the outside covered over allowing a few pieces of furniture to be left 'out' along with some cushions really is just the most 'loveliest' thing in the world. no need for 'all weather' mass produced stuff here.
with an overhang, indoor furniture can be dragged out along with thrift store finds to give a lovely eclectic air to the space... and no fear of a sudden impromptu shower or two

nearly 41 years on, that 'wee babe' in a cot... gulp! dear god, i have only just got use to saying 40 and now i'm on the brink of 41... it's rushing by in a blur, made worse by my 'lack of remembering'. why is it my 'recalling' issues do not allow me to recollect what i made for dinner last night ("just as well Tif" i hear you cry) and yet i can recall my age precisely to the day... sod's law i suppose.
once again i have digressed where digressing should not be allowed, for today we are focusing on 'el fresco' living.
and so at the grand old age of nearly 41, i stepped off the plane on sunday, greeted by positively lovely 'hot' weather and returned to the Shed to survey what had been going on in my absence.

you'll be glad to know, all is well...
and the yard is looking especially wonderful. to be surrounded by such greenery in the middle of urban life is really quite a treat. i look out on my surroundings and i could be miles from anyone, and strangely that is what i am liking more and more. i fear in a few years i will be a complete 'recluse' requiring only my chickens, used dog, the rest of the clan and just my 'cyber' world for company...

the veggie patch is coming along a treat,
the chickies are getting ready for 'a laying'
gladys still stands there, forgiving me for my 'trailer abuse' of late
and an 'overhang of the utmost kind' has been completed whilst i was gone.


it doesn't get much better than that...
in the past day and a half i have set about creating an 'outdoor' living room,
dragging out items from mossy shed,
painting old chairs


and hanging up paper lanterns.

she loved her visit to 'old blighty' but she sure is happy to be back in her 'nest' ~
Tif