me, winston and used dog...

we are basking in sunshine at the moment, in between eight loads of laundry and laying a gravel pathway around the veggie patches i took the opportunity to get some pics done for my Etsy store...
for two years on Etsy i have managed to keep myself out of the frame but alas my need to 'wow the world' with my 'summer apron wraps' has caused me to rethink my styling.
my girls have been most gracious at weekends by giving me a ten minute period of time to set up my little 'patch' in the yard and then 'model' for the camera. (any longer then ten minutes and they double their charge)


i can hear Tyra Banks wise words in my head, "then you do this, then this and little bit of that" but alas i look more like Flat Stanley then america's next top model...
over the past few weekends of 'shoots' i have got a wee bit more happier about standing in front of the camera. i'm not saying i'm any better at it but i am starting to feel like i have a 'style' of picture that works well for what i am selling.
this all accumulated in me being most reckless, and throwing caution to the wind and deciding to 'record' this moment of time in my life for prosperity's sake...


as i stood on my wee stool,
our #2 muttered "oh lord, let's just hope no one drives by"
then our#1 pulled up with her boyfriend who then muttered "your mom is barking mad" (or the american version of barking mad, to which i do not know but surely should learn one day).
next my man questioned the sanity behind needing to stand on a stool for a photo shoot. (after 24 years together does he really need to question anything, anymore?)

for the second photo, i proposed to the camera person we involve a chicken.
said chicken (Fatty) was most co-operative and dealt well with the 'moment' considering she was under intimidating circumstances... just out of the frame was 'used dog' licking her lips...


i am most happy to know that in years to come when my grandchildren are perhaps going through my effects, they will happen upon my little photos and marvel at their granny, who in her youth (ha, ha, ha)
kept chickens,
had a trailer named Gladys in the backyard
an old Ford truck named Winston on the drive
had an alter ego named dottie angel
and tried to convince the world to wear 'summer apron wraps' and 'slips' everyday...

her creative cogs have started turning, causing her little sleep... but it's all good ~ Tif